Check Me out!

Thank you for stopping by. You can join in the conversation by leaving a comment. It's simple and easy. Like us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest.Thank you in advance.

Carrey Hoese- One Girl Ideas



I am happy to introduce Carrey Hoese of One Girl Ideas.  I found Carrey on Twitter.  She is a super awesome Social Media Consultant.  She has taken her life by control and I appreciate it.  She loves what she does she is mastering her craft everyday.  Read her story. 

What do you want my readers to know about you the woman behind the business?

 I’m One Girl with some Big Ideas…..I for one like to think outside the box! That’s what inspires me. It generates BUZZ , THOUGHT and CREATIVITY. Finding the Next Best Thing, Ideas, Latest Trend or Gadget is what gets me up in the morning and never lets me sleep at night. There is never a dull moment around me; I am constantly on the move!

My social profile pretty much raps up who I am: I'm a Creative thinker, Super Crafter of Many Projects, Mom Blogger Wanna-Be, Social Media Junkie, Geek Girl who loves to ride my snowmobile and ATV! But most important I am a Wife & Proud MOM to my Teenage Son and don’t forget my Diva Bulldog Diesel! 


What is your business? How can we find it?

I’m One Girl Ideas.  I’m a Freelance Social Media Consultant.  I help small to medium sized business with their Online Marketing & Social Media.  I create, implement, manage and maintain business’s Online Social Presence.  I dabble in creating logos, stationary, websites, email campaigns and newsletters and anything else that I can dream up.

You can find me here:









What inspired you to start your business? How did you get started?

My true passion is creativity.  I guess you could say that I have always been creative; it just runs thru my blood.  Having grown up as an only child one has to be creative to keep yourself entertained. I guess you could say that was what lead me to One Girl Ideas.

There were many people that inspired me along the way.  If one thing started all this it had to be the class I took at Vivid Image that Beth Gasser over at Confessions of a Mom thought .I was a addict from there.  She talked about Social Media, Blogging, Facebook and Twitter.  After her class I began to research Social Media and found out exactly what all the hype was and knew that I had to be part of it. 

I also got more serious about my blog and connected with The SITS GIRLS community where I participated in ProBloggers 31 days to build a better blog challenge. There were over 500 other women who took this challenge with me, were I found friendship in a community of wonderful people.

You know the saying “When one door close’s another opens?” Well that’s how my business got its start. I had been trying to break into the Marketing/Social Media Biz for awhile and was doing ALLOT of probono and barter work.  I had been doing some freelance work for a Marketing Agency in St. Paul while trying to get my foot in the door with another, when the plumber I was working for as his bookkeeper laid me off.  I was not sure what I was going to do. I called the agency that I was pursuing and they offered me a freelance job helping them with their Social Media along with some light Admin work.  It all kind of skyrocket from there.  Word got out and all of a sudden I had 2 clients of my own plus the work from the two agencies’.  That’s when I incorporated my freelance marketing hobby into a full blown career.

What was the most difficult part of starting and now running your business?

It was not difficult to start the business; the hard part is keeping it going.  I have been very lucky in that aspect and usually when one door closes a new one opens.  I’m a little slow now but I have some “GREAT BIG IDEAS” for 2012 that should help generate some more customers.  The hardest part is to stay involved in all the Social Media.  You know the saying “A mechanic car never runs?” well that’s true with a Social Media Consultant as well.  I try and stay on top of all of it but at the end of the day all I really want to do is turn off the computer and spend time with my family and relax.  
What does a typical workday look like for you?

I really don’t have a Typical Workday.  My schedule is pretty flexible which allows me to work around my family. I home office the majority of the time and visit each of my clients once or twice a month.  A typical week contains: Brainstorming Meetings, Consultations, Training, Reporting, Researching, Reading, Blogging, Creating Social Media Marketing Calendars, Scheduling Status Updates and Planning New Marketing Strategy’s & Campaigns. I’ve even done photo shots and promotions videos!
What do you count as your reigning achievement in business thus far?

Getting my foot in the door, and carving out my identity and finding my place in this online universe and continuing to build.
Where do you see yourself in business in 5 years?

I’m not a big fan of projecting into the future.  I’m more of a live in the now type of gal. About 2 months ago one of the agency that I work with asked me what my career path was and wanted me to write it down. I have to admit I did feel better after I did, BUT I’ve changed my path more then once since I wrote it.  I do know that I would still like to be helping businesses with their marketing and build their businesses. 
Who are the people that inspire you or you look up to?

Personally: My Son, my Husband, my Evil Twin-Carrie and my Grandpa!
Socially there are many here are the chosen few:
Aaron Weiche (@AaronWeiche)at Spyder Trap Marketing

Steve Gasser (@stevegasser) at Vivid Image

Beth Gasser (@ConfessionsMom) at Vivid Image

Adam Proehl (@adamproehl) at NordicClick Interactive

Jeff Sauer (@jeffsauer) at Three Deep Marketing

Nicole Harrison (@socialnicole) at Social Nicole


What is the best piece of advice you would give my readers?

Never Give UP!  Trust that when One Door Closes another will Open!










2 comments:

Dari said...

You go girl! So proud of you.

carrey hoese said...

Thanks Dari! I am very blessed and surrounded by wonderful people that just want me to succeed. I destined to do great things. My new saying is "If I Think and Dream BIG that Big things will happen"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...